The CFF 2020 Food Movement Support Fund is a one-time grant program administered by Community Food Funders (CFF) and North Star Fund.
Surdna is a member of the Community Food Funders, a network of foundations in the NY-NJ-CT area that support organizations building a just food system. During this time of unprecedented crises, our members have created the CFF Food Movement Support Fund.
The Fund will support smaller organizations led by people most impacted by food injustice who are working towards systems change and within the long-term struggle for an equitable food system. Fourteen one-time emergency grants of $10,000 each will be awarded to grassroots organizations working across food justice sectors.
Although organizations may be involved in direct aid, the Fund will prioritize organizations currently involved in campaigns, advocacy and organizing for systems change. All grants will be for general operating support, with no reporting requirements.
In order to apply, organizations should meet these criteria:
- Geographic Location: The organization must be located and operating in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
- Operating Budget: The Fund will prioritize organizations with annual budgets below $400,000. Food justice programs situated within larger non-profit spaces are welcome to apply; please share the program’s annual budget in addition to the overall organization budget.
- Systems Change: The organization must be working toward food systems change. We will prioritize groups building community power in the struggle for equity in our food system and shifting policies to support this change. Organizations should have a demonstrated commitment to racial justice.
- Leadership from Black, Indigenous and people of color communities: The Fund will support organizations led by communities most impacted by the injustice they seek to address.
- Wednesday August 5: Applications open
- Monday August 31, 5:00pm: Application deadline
- Thursday October 1: Grants announced